Transfer & Storage
2100 Whitney St.
Williamsport, PA 17701
Household / Residential Moving & Storage
At Roan's, we understand that no two moves are exactly the same, which is why we tailor our services around the individual needs of the customer. From our labeling and packing requirements, to our detailed inventory process, our attention to detail helps us consistently exceed our customers' expectations. When our drivers pull up to your front door, you can expect professional employees who take pride in their work. All of your household belongings will be carefully packed, furniture wrapped with quilted pads, your upholstered furniture shrink wrapped, then all carefully loaded onto our moving van.
If you are moving over 40 miles, your cost is based on the actual weight of your shipment and distance of miles moved. Having Roan's pack your boxes or store your shipment will determine your final cost.
Like any successful project, a move requires a great deal of planning in advance. It's a good idea to start purging your home of any old, unwanted and unnecessary items so you can start with a clear slate. The first questions you should ask yourself are:
- Am I going to pack my own belongings, or do I want the mover to do that for me?
- Do I want to disconnect/reconnect my major appliances, or do I need that arranged for me?
- Do we have any special products/high value items (such as artwork, antiques, electronics, plasma/big screen TV, piano, hot tub/Jacuzzi) that require special needs or packing?
- Will we drive our vehicles to our new location or will they need to be transported?
Once you have a better idea of what exactly you're going to move, you'll need to decide WHEN you want to move. Summer is typically the busiest move season and will require a little extra planning and flexibility, as well as costing a little more since this is a movers "peak season". If you are moving less that 40 miles, please click here for specific local move information.
One thing to remember is that all movers are required to provide the following information when you're planning an out-of-state (interstate) move:
1. A visual survey of all items to be moved.
2. A copy of the booklet titled OCE-100 - Your Rights & Responsibilities When You Move.
3. A copy of the brochure titled "Ready To Move".
4. A High Value Inventory form.
5. A written estimate/order for the services to be provided.
6. An additional services price list.
Whatever your situation...always make sure you thoroughly research your moving options prior to making your final decision. More often than not, if it sounds too good to be true...it usually is. Should you decide to go with a less than reputable, or "rogue", mover and are having problems getting your shipment delivered or out of storage, please contact us about MoveRescue. MoveRescue is a joint effort between Mayflower Transit and United Van Lines to assist in recovery efforts for consumers or businesses who are taken advantage of by the aforementioned "rogue" movers.
Our 18,000 square foot, temperature-controlled warehouse can store everything from your standard household goods to vehicles to whatever you can think of. Please contact us for rates to store your goods.